What is NOT taxed:
When considering this proposition, it is important to understand the various items that will NOT be included in the tax. They are as follows:
- Tangible property that is titled/registered with the state (e.g.: cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, trailers, snowmobiles, aircraft
- Mobile homes
- Unprepared food/groceries
- Prescription and non-prescription (over the counter) medicine
- Agricultural sales (e.g.: farm equipment, feed, seed, fertilizer, chemicals and livestock reproduction.
- Anything that is currently not taxed will not become taxed
Below is a list of items that are taxed. This is not a complete list, but a few common examples.
What is taxed:
- Prepared/restaurant food
- household items